Social Media Icons

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Dashboards

Dashboards are the type of thing I stay up for days on end for and miss meals sometimes because I'm so excited about building one. Most of the time, these dashboards are in MS Excel although recently I had the opportunity to build quite a few in Tableau.

However this post is about Google Wave. I mentioned in my last post that I was looking for a way of tracking my projects. Additionally, my microfinance company, Lumana, uses Google Wave almost exclusivley for document generation and archiving. With at least 10 volunteers at all times creating documents, my inbox is easily flooded.

The simple solution is to create a dashboard that links to all related waves. All you need to drag and drop the wave onto the dashboard wave and it automatically creates a hyperlink. Then, simply store the dashboard wave in a dashboard folder so that it's easy to locate. I also created a wave that acts as my "journal", similar to a journal in MS Outlook. Only, I manually link to all the project waves, emails, and websites that I've been working on.

No comments: